Catch and Release

Here I go again!  For 2018 I have started a new blog, as well as a Happiness Project (you can thank my mother for the inspiration!).  I am very grateful for the idea though, and I am so looking forward to this adventure!

Why do a Happiness Project?  Well, because I want to be the best mom and wife that I can be.  This will not only me but for my family; they deserve the best, and I deserve to be my best.  Also, I recently finished reading " The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up" by Marie Kondo.  If you have not read it, and are in a similar position as me of realigning your priorities and coming to know the real you, I highly recommend this book.


Marie Kondo (KonMari as she has coined herself) discusses ways of finding joy through tidying, because, as she says, our mission in life is to find what brings us the most joy.  That really spoke to me!  So I began to ask myself some questions: What is joy?  What brings me joy?  When am I most joyous?  How do I incorporate joy into my everyday?  Do the things I own bring me joy?  How is my current lifestyle prohibiting me from feeling true, unrelinquished joy?

Think about it: what brings you true joy?

I have been pondering that question quite a bit, and I have ended up here, starting my own Happiness Project.  I want to know what brings me true joy; I want to relearn who I am; I want to explore new things; I want to not be afraid to mess up; ultimately, I want to be my best self.  Instead of just making a "New Year's Resolution" that will be broken by the end of the month, I came up with an action plan - The Happiness Project (courtesy of Gretchen Rubin).

In Gretchen Rubin's book "The Happiness Project" she explains that a Happiness Project is an approach to changing your life.  Do not misinterpret this as me saying I am not happy - I have never been more happy in my life! - but could I be happier?  Could I be better?  How can I perfect my character?  Like Gretchen, I do not "want to wait for a crisis to remake my life"; I need to prepare and act now.

So... after finding encouragement to tidy, being inspired to act, and making the choice to better my character and find joy, I made a list of everything I wanted to improve in myself - and it was a long list!  My dear husband, the most patient person I know, sat down to help me whittle my list down, and here it is (it is also listed on the sidebar for future reference, and to follow along):
  • January: "Decide"
  • February: "Mindfulness"
  • March: Frugality
  • April: Attitude
  • May: Motherhood
  • June: Relationships
  • July: Faith
  • August: Play
  • September: Identity
  • October: Love
  • November: Health
  • December: Media
I invite you to follow me along this journey of self-discovery, adventure, courage, and a little fun (fingers crossed!).  And I encourage you to try something similar, something that works for you, so that you can find joy and happiness now - not later.


Follow me:
@ayristocat
#ayristotle
#FieldsBeTrippin

Comments

Popular Posts